|District||Greater Vancouver Regional District|
|Postal code area||CV, DV|
|Postal code district||CV1–CV23, DV1–DV8|
Vancouver is a city in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. It is the seat of the Greater Vancouver Regional District.
Although the conurbation of Metro Vancouver, which includes all of the GVRD and parts of the Fraser Valley Regional District, is the largest urban area in the country, the city of Vancouver proper is not the largest in population.
The suburb of Musqueam and a part of the suburb of Marpole called c̓əsnaʔəm are under the administration of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm Nation Indigenous Administrative District and are not administratively part of the City of Vancouver; c̓əsnaʔəm is the seat of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm IAD.
Vancouver's primary airport is the Grant McConachie International Airport, which is located in the city of Richmond. In Vancouver proper are located only two commercial airports, the Sir James Spilsbury International Water Airport (IATA: XXH, ICAO: BCVH) and the Vancouver Harbour Heliport (IATA: XHV, ICAO: BCHV, MTC LID: BBC7). The floatplanes of Corilair, Harbour Air, and Seair operate from Spilsbury International, whilst Helijet Airways fly from the Harbour Heliport.
Private heliports in the city are the Children & Women's Health Centre Heliport (MTC LID: BAK7) and the Vancouver General Hospital Heliport (MTC LID: BBK4).
Greater Vancouver MetroEdit
The Expo/Airport, Central, Fraser River, and Olympic Lines of the Greater Vancouver Metro rapid transit system all run through Burnaby with multiple stations
BC Rail's Inter-Dominion Line has its western terminus in Vancouver, whilst the South False Creek Line is located entirely within the city. The North Shore Line passes through Vancouver very briefly, mostly through a tunnel.
The Cascade Subdivision of CP Rail's transcontinental mainline has its western terminus in Vancouver.
The BC Hydro Railway operated within the city of Vancouver in the past, but most of its right-of-way in the city has been converted into Metro lines.
Railway stations in VancouverEdit
|Alliance Grain Pier||Downtown Eastside||Washington & British Columbia||Burrard Inlet Line||freight|
|Ballantyne Pier||Downtown Eastside||Washington & British Columbia||Burrard Inlet Line||freight|
|Ballantyne Yard||Downtown Eastside||Washington & British Columbia||Burrard Inlet Line||freight|
|BC Sugar Station||Downtown Eastside||Washington & British Columbia||Burrard Inlet Line||freight|
|Burrard Inlet Ferry Dock||Downtown Eastside||Washington & British Columbia||Burrard Inlet Line||freight|
|GN Yard||Railtown||Washington & British Columbia||Burrard Inlet Line||freight|
|Vanterm||Gastown||Washington & British Columbia||Burrard Inlet Line||freight|
|Grandview Junction Station||Grandview-Woodland||BC Rail
Washington & British Columbia
|Inter-Dominion Line, South False Creek Line
Burrard Inlet Line
|Hastings Station||Hastings-Sunrise||CP Rail||Cascade Sub||freight|
|Heatley Station||Downtown Eastside||CP Rail||Cascade Sub||freight|
|Pacific Central Station||Railtown||BC Rail
Washington & British Columbia
|Limited Express, Express, Local, West Coast Express|
|Raymur Station||Downtown Eastside||Washington & British Columbia||Burrard Inlet Line||freight|
|Second Narrows Station||Hastings Sunrise||CP Rail||Cascade Sub||freight|
|South False Creek Station||Kitsilano||BC Rail||South False Creek Line||freight|
|Still Creek Station||Renfrew Heights||BC Rail||Inter-Dominion Line||freight|
|Terminal Ave Yard||Railtown||BC Rail||South False Creek Line||freight|
|Waterfront-CPR Station||Waterfront||CP Rail||Cascade Sub||Express, Local, West Coast Express, freight|
- BC Highway 1 (Inter-Dominion Highway)
- BC Highway 7A
- BC Highway 91B
- BC Highway 99
- BC Highway 401 (Grandview Highway)
Bus service is provided by the Coast Mountain Bus Company.
- Kitsilano Hellenics (Carnarvon Park, 3,096)
- South Van Mariners (Maple Grove Park, 3,106)
- Strathcona Asahi (Oppenheimer Park, 3,240)
- Vancouver Pacifics (Nat Bailey Stadium, 7,620)
- Grandview AFC (Grandview Park, 15,466)
- Kerrisdale FC (Point Grey Turf, 8,033)
- Kitsilano FC (Thunderbird Stadium, 12,023)
- Shaughnessy Shamrocks FC (Prince of Wales Park, 8,044)
- Vancouver City FC (Empire Stadium, 42,729)
- Vancouver Rowing Club FC (Brockton Oval, 33,360)
- Vancouver United FC (BC Place Stadium, 54,500)
- Grandview WAFC (Grandview Park, 15,466)
- Kerrisdale FC Women (Point Grey Turf, 8,033)
- Vancouver City FC Women (Empire Stadium, 42,729)
- Vancouver United FC Women (Andy Livingstone Park, 7,064)
BC Hockey LeagueEdit
- Kerrisdale Cyclones (Cyclone Taylor Arena, 7,170)
- Killarney Celtics (Killarney Arena, 8,040)
- Vancouver Millionaires (Pacific Coliseum, 16,123)
National Hockey LeagueEdit
- Vancouver Orca (Imperial Arena, 18,910)
- Britannia RFC (Grandview Park, 15,466)
- Georgian RFC (Jericho Park, 22,110)
- Meraloma AC (Connaught Park, 22,646)
- Point Grey RFC (Point Grey Turf, 8,033)
- Quilchena RFC (Prince of Wales Park, 8,044)
- Vancouver Lions RFC (BC Place Stadium, 54,500)
- Vancouver Rowing Club RFC (Brockton Oval, 33,360)